On August 3, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> forward in the file for "(name ." to find the errant record. If you
> fix this, M-x bbdb should work fine. Obviously this is something I
> should trap in the code, of course.

further investigation reveals that the current code certainly tries to
stop you from creating a notes field called 'name' so maybe you're
using something else such as SyncBBDB or whatever that modified your
BBDB outside the control of BBDB itself?

Cheers,
Waider.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

"There was nothing in the world that I ever wanted more than to never be
 breaking apart..." - The Cure, _Pictures of You_