On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, Surendra Singhi mused:
> There might be duplicate entries in the Outlook and Netscape address books,
> will bbdb take care of removing such duplicates?

I don't know about the Outlook stuff, but `bbdb-show-duplicates' will
show you the dups so you can vape whichever one seems unnecessary. (It
doesn't do the removal itself because other fields might have contents
you wish to preserve in one or both of the records.)

One bug I *have* noticed is that `r' to merge records doesn't work if there
is more than one duplicate: I think it gets confused about which of the
still-existing duplicates to merge with. You get this:

  signal(error ("doubleplus ungood: record unexists!"))
  cerror("doubleplus ungood: record unexists!")
  apply(cerror "doubleplus ungood: record unexists!" nil)
  error("doubleplus ungood: record unexists!")
  bbdb-redisplay-one-record([...]] nil nil t)
  bbdb-delete-current-record([...]] noprompt)
  #<compiled-function (old-record new-record) "...(73)" [bbdb-file bbdb-debug
bbdb-display-layout bbdb-records old-record new-record error "those are the
same" bbdb-merge-records bbdb-delete-current-record noprompt bbdb-change-record
t nil bbdb-redisplay-one-record bbdb-buffer get-buffer-window buffer-name
get-buffer (...) bbdb-display-records message "records merged." w] 4
("/usr/lib/xemacs/xemacs-packages/lisp/bbdb/bbdb-com.elc" . 42996) (let (...
name) (setq name ...) (list r ...))>([...]] [...]])
  call-interactively(bbdb-refile-record)

I'll have a debug later today if I can find the time.

--
This is like system("/usr/funky/bin/perl -e 'exec sleep 1'");
   --- Peter da Silva