On April 11, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

> Ronan> Changing BBDB's backend is something I've experimented with,
> Ronan> but it's non-trivial - you need to make a LOT of changes to
> Ronan> bbdb.el to make it fly.
>
> Sadly, it'd be really nice to have that separation in place.  I was
> just thinking the other day that this is really what is needed to get
> BBDB to sync well with a bunch of other stuff.  It'd be handy if I
> could keep my bbdb info in my kaddressbook, for example, and use a
> loader to tell bbdb where to get/put data from (I don't actually use
> the GUI interface to kaddressbook, for example, but at least it would
> sync with a bunch of other stuff better).  The downside, I'm sure,
> would be speed...

I'll dig it up again and see if it actually works, and maybe offer it
as a file or three in the bits directory - I don't want to impose this
on the main tree without considering what damage it does.

cheers,
Waider.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

quit with the wouldn't and shouldn't and get right onto the does and doesn't.