On October 15, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> On Thu, 31/08/06 23:24 +0100, Patrick Drechsler wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been using BBDB for a few years. I am wondering if there is a
> > new release coming up.
> >
> > Emacs is getting ready for version 22. Is BBDB ready for default
> > inclusion?
> >
> > Is BBDB still maintained?
> >
> > Patrick
> >

> I'd also like to know the answers to these questions:)

Funny, I could've sworn I answered on the list, but apparently not.

* I'd be surprised to see BBDB included by default in Emacs, but I
  don't think it's really my call. I can't particularly see the point
  since it's included by default in XEmacs and all that *that* causes
  is a pain when trying to sync up changes.

* BBDB is still maintained, in as much as if you find a bug and report
  it, myself or Robert usually get around to at least investigating
  it, and sometimes fixing it. If you submit a patch that doesn't
  appear to break anything there's a good chance it'll be accepted and
  applied.

The fact of the matter is that BBDB is pretty stable at this point,
and probably has a ton of useless features already, so the pace of
development has pretty much slowed to a halt.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

"even when american adverts try for the oblique and wordless, they're so
 obvious they may as well put the logo on a fish and slap you with it." - AjD