On Friday, December 15, 2006 at 19:43:23, Leo wrote:
> * Robert Widhopf-Fenk (2006-12-15 20:06 +0100) said:
>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> [...]
> >
> > It is 6.5 years since the last release and since then there
> > have been a reasonable number of bugfixes and improvements.
> >
> > So let us release 2.35 and switch to 2.36 in CVS ;-)
>
> That's good news to all users of bbdb.
>
> Can I suggest the following:
>     - clean up compiling warnings in Emacs 22

Patches are appreciated for this, but 22 is not stable and
thus do not expect anything for it ;-)

>     - Add last name completion support (as discussed in another
>       thread)

It eventually land in CVS after some testing.

>     - (Optional) Offer to save record when sending emails to a
>       recipient not yet in the database.

The function `bbdb-force-record-create' is your friend!

For VM you might have the following in your ~/.vm ...

   (add-hook 'vm-reply-hook 'bbdb-force-record-create)

Bye Robert