On Tuesday, May 22, 2007 at 23:36:43, Leo wrote:
> ----- Robert Widhopf-Fenk (2007-05-22) wrote:-----
>
> > On Tuesday, May 22, 2007 at 15:38:36, Leo wrote:
> >> I updated to bbdb yesterday and I have noticed one change which I
> >> found annoying.
> >>
> >> That is, when completing email in Gnus it will go to the bbdb
> >> entry. For example, if I type "psm<TAB>" in the 'From' field,
> >> then I will be switched to the *BBDB* buffer of that entry.

You mean there is only one completion for that record and it
gets completed without a completion choices buffer, right?

> >> I wonder if this is a bug.
> >
> > It is, just not sure if it is a "No Gnus", Emacs 23 or BBDB bug.
> >
> >> I am running GNU Emacs.
> >
> > Specifically you are running "No Gnus v0.7, Emacs/23.0.0.1
> > (2007-05-18), Fedora 6.93 gnu/linux".
> >
> > But I cannot reproduce this with Emacs 22.1.50.1 and Gnus v5.11.
> >
> >>From what version have you been updating to the head of CVS?
>
> I upgrade from bbdb cvs 2007-03-08.
>
> > Could you try if it also occurs with Emacs 22 and older Gnus?
> >
> > Robert
>
> My Emacs 22.0.94 seg fault in my system at the moment.
>
> I have just downgraded bbdb by "cvs up -D 20070310" and it is
> working again. So I guess it must by the change since 20070310.

So IMHO it must be a change in the revisions 1.184 - 1.191
of lisp/bbdb-com.el, but I cannot see any changes causing
this.

Could you please update to the head again and the downgrade
only lisp/bbdb-com.el to revision 1.183 and see if it works
then?

  cvs update -r 1.183 bbdb-com.el

If it works, then bisect to the revision causing the
problem.

If it does not work, then it must be related to some other
change with an odd side effect ... use "cvsps" to identify
patch sets and bisect based on them.  See the patchset
numbers and dates below.

Robert.

PatchSet 939 Date: 2007/04/21 00:48:08
PatchSet 940 Date: 2007/04/21 00:49:24