Hi Tassilo
   > Uwe Brauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
   > Hi Uwe,

   >> But I need to know the name of the function which is used.

   > When you are in that situation where you would hit SPC to expand the
   > alias, hit `C-h k SPC'.

I now about that of course. In Xemacs I obtain

SPC runs `self-insert-command'

`self-insert-command' is an interactive built-in function
(self-insert-command COUNT)

Documentation:
Insert the character you type.
Whichever character you type to run this command is inserted.
If a prefix arg COUNT is specified, the character is inserted COUNT times.

That is why I am asking :)