Hi Tassilo,

   > The error is because the function you added to that hook
   > (`sigadapt-insert-signature') has a different number of arguments than
   > the functions in `bbdb-mail-abbrev-expand-hook' are expected to have.  I
   > don't know `sigadapt-insert-signature', but if it has zero args, you'd
   > do something like that:

Right sigadapt-insert-signature has zero args

   >   (add-hook 'bbdb-mail-abbrev-hook
   >             (lambda (alias rec) (sigadapt-insert-signature)))

Thanks, that works in the sense that no error occurs however it does
not work in the sense that the function is not executed.

For example joe, SPC--> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

but the corresponding  signature does not get inserted. However when I now
interactive call sigadapt-insert-signature then the corresponding
signature gets inserted. I don't know how to debug this with edebug,
since as you said some C code gets involved.

Uwe