"Roland Winkler" <roland.wink...@physik.uni-erlangen.de> writes:

> That's strange. bbdb-record-note returns the value of a particular
> note. Similarly, bbdb-record-set-note should set it. So which part
> in the above code fails? Have you tried to debug this code using the
> emacs debugger? Put a (debug) statement above the above code. Then

Yeah, I'm trying to trace it, am no wiser:

Basically, let's see:

I'm trying the following simple function to just write "Test Test Test"
to a records note field called "notes":

(define-key bbdb-mode-map "y" 'bbdb-write-note)
(defun bbdb-write-note (bbdb-record)
  (interactive (list (bbdb-current-record t)
                     t))
  (bbdb-record-set-note bbdb-record notes "Test Test Test"))

When I select a BBDB record and hit `y' thus, I get:

Wrong number of arguments: (lambda (bbdb-record) (interactive (list
(bbdb-current-record t) t)) (bbdb-record-set-note bbdb-record notes "Test Test
Test")), 2

Then, I'm trying the following simple stuff to just read the records
note and display it in an Emacs message:

(define-key bbdb-mode-map "z" 'bbdb-read-note)
(defun bbdb-read-note (bbdb-record)
  (interactive (list (bbdb-current-record t)
                     t))
  (message ((bbdb-record-note bbdb-record notes))))

When I select a BBDB recard and hit `z' thus, I get:

Wrong number of arguments: (lambda (bbdb-record) (interactive (list
(bbdb-current-record t) t)) (message ((bbdb-record-note bbdb-record notes)))), 2

Where am I going wrong?
--
JJ