>> Regarding Re: BBDB beginners guide?; Bruno Tavernier
>> <tavernier.br...@gmail.com> adds:
Hi Bruno,

   > CC: To Roland
   > Hello Uwe,

First of all I did not mean to attack you, sorry if I have
caused that impression.

   > From bbdb home page it appears the code did not evolve
   > for a long time (Jan 2007).

That is correct. (Same was true for VM)

   > I think Roland wrote bbbd 3.0 with the idea to remove
   > some crufts, enhance the clarity of the code
   > (function's description, etc.)

So far so good, I appreciate that effort

   > and use more meaningful names.

This, in my opinion, is a very bad idea.
Taste is subjective and once names are chosen they become  a
convention. To break backward compatibility deliberately has
no benefit I can think off.

   > From my point of view he managed to do it well. (I am
   > glad to see the project with a maintainer).

So do I.

   > Also, I think that only a few variables were
   > changed.
Well in that case defalias should be used for backward
compatibility.

   > Updating my conf was not much of a big deal <-
   > I am not an emacs old timer, though. I don't have
   > strong habits yet. ;-)

Well I am using it for almost 20 years. It is not the habit
it is backward compatibility which bothers me.

Regards

Uwe Brauer