On Sat Jan 29 2011 Johnny wrote:
> As I am occasionaly fiddling around with the new BBDB (3.02) to get a
> nice set-up and using the old documentation to get around, every now and
> then I encounter the changes in e.g. parameter names. I guess the new
> version will reside on Savannah also in the future (and not Sourceforge
> that seems to hold the previous development branch), but currently
> there's no documentation on Savannah (right?).

All correct. -- An update of the BBDB info pages is on my todo list.
Yet this is a bigger project to describe the ideas of BBDB, as
compared to fixing individual doc strings. Unfortunately, my time
for these things is limited. And sometimes I have more of it, and
sometimes less. Currently I am rather busy with other stuff...

> Being fairly new to the Gnu/Linux world, I wouldn't mind attempting to
> improve on documentation for the new BBDB as I go along, but would need
> some initial guidance and pointers to get started; any volunteer
> mentors?

Thank you, that's alsway nice to hear! -- To get started, it can
already be a significant help if you can post here if you encounter
variable or function doc strings that are out of date, absent, or
confusing in any other ways. Good doc strings should NOT require
that the reader is already an elisp guru.