15/03/11 07:19, Eric Abrahamsen
> Hi,
>
> I'm using the CVS BBDB along with the most recent No-Gnus.

Which CVS? Are you using BBDB 3.0, from
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/bbdb ? I think the old version isn't
maintained anymore.

> I've set bbdb/news-auto-create-p to 'prompt for certain groups. For
> unknown senders I'm prompted to add a record to the database as
> expected, and my choices seem to be (y,!,n,s,q,?).

Do you mean bbdb-update-records-p to 'query? bbdb/news-auto-create-p
doesn't seem to exist here. Many variables have changed with 3.0.

> "y" and "n" seem to be self-explanatory, but I'd like to know what the
> rest of the options do. Presumably I'd hit "?" to find that, but doing
> so gives me:
>
> mapcar: Lisp nesting exceeds `max-lisp-eval-depth'

Works fine on my BBDB 3.0 install.

> So this message has two purposes: one, can someone tell me what the
> other options do (I can't find the relevant code in the codebase. What
> I'd really like is an option to say "save this address in a list and
> never prompt me again for anything in that list")

I don't think this options exists, you may have to create it yourself,
probably by using a function as value of bbdb-update-records-p.