On Wed Apr 13 2011 Sam Steingold wrote:
> > * Stefan Monnier <zbaa...@veb.hzbagerny.pn> [2011-04-13 12:32:42 -0300]:
> >
> >> +  (when (boundp 'revert-buffer-function)
> >> +    (setq revert-buffer-function 'bbdb-revert-buffer))
> >
> > I recommend to use (set (make-local-variable <foo>) <bar>) when setting
> > a buffer-local variable, even if you know that the variable is
> > automatically buffer-local.  One of the benefits is that you don't need
> > to check `boundp' in that case.
>
> I check for `boundp' because bbdb might be supposed to work on emacsen
> which may lack `revert-buffer-function'.

Just curious: which dialect of emacs do you have in mind here? Is
there anything else in BBDB that would work with this emacs dialect?
All my BBDB hacking assumes a recent version of GNU emacs.

I do not want to exclude any other dialects of emacs here. But they
would most likely require a more systematic overhaul of all code.
In that sense, I am a bit hesitant to add support for something that
is not spelled out and not done systematically.