On Sun Aug 7 2011 Peter Münster wrote:
> The question was rather, if there was a function like
> `bbdb-mua-edit-notes-ALL'. My solution:

> (local-set-key ":" '(lambda () (interactive)
>                       (bbdb-mua-edit-notes-recipients)
>                       (bbdb-mua-edit-notes-sender)))

I guess there are just too many possiblities for defining such
utility commands to match personal tastes. But as you noticed
reshuffling the existing ones is hopefully not so difficult.

> > Try bbdb-mua-display-sender
>
> This function does nothing, if the record does not yet exist.

...depending on how you configure it. As I said: the default is
being the least aggressive.

> But it's not a big issue, I just have to press "Return" for each
> new record.

What do you mean here? Which step needs to be confirmed by typing
Return so that apparently you get what you want?