On Thu, Aug 11 2011, Roland Winkler wrote:

> On Sun Aug 7 2011 Peter Münster wrote:
>> The question was rather, if there was a function like
>> `bbdb-mua-edit-notes-ALL'. My solution:

>> (local-set-key ":" '(lambda () (interactive)
>>                       (bbdb-mua-edit-notes-recipients)
>>                       (bbdb-mua-edit-notes-sender)))
>
> I guess there are just too many possiblities for defining such
> utility commands to match personal tastes. But as you noticed
> reshuffling the existing ones is hopefully not so difficult.
>
>> > Try bbdb-mua-display-sender
>>
>> This function does nothing, if the record does not yet exist.
>
> ...depending on how you configure it. As I said: the default is
> being the least aggressive.

Hey, this was a great bit of information -- I've long been confused
about the best way to get someone in the database if you're not
automatically adding unknown senders. So now with a prefix arg ":" asks
whether to add a new record, but I don't see what you set to have it ask
for all invocations, not just those with a prefix arg…?