On Sat Oct 22 2011 Carson Chittom wrote:
> -BBDB is avaiable at
> +BBDB is available at

Thanks for correcting this typo.

> -This revised version of BBDB has been tested only with GNU Emacs 23.
> +This revised version of BBDB has been tested only with GNU Emacs 23, and
> +in particular uses the special mode special-mode, new for Emacs 23, in
> +bbdb.el and bbdb-mua.el.

Thanks. - While I haven't checked this in detail, the new BBDB uses
probably a longer list of features from GNU Emacs 23. I don't know
whether it would be worth the effort to try to list them all.

-- How did you run into this? Did you try to compile BBDB with an
older version of GNU Emacs. I guess this might give you a longer
list of compilation errors.

So I am hesitant to try to list these required features of GNU Emacs
23 in the README file.