On Thu Dec 8 2011 Ivan Kanis wrote:
> Attached is version 1.0 of bbdb-ispell.el.

Hi Ivan,

Small thing: I believe that the bbdb mailing list is better suited
for this topic.

> I think it includes all the modifications you requested. Let me
> know if you would like further improvement.

- Another small thing: Your internal variables (args of functions)
  have names like bsef-field where `bsef' is short for
  bbdb-spell-export-field. This is not quite "the usual elisp
  style". Global variables should use the prefix for the package
  (such as `bbdb'). But there is no such need for internal
  variables. Anyway, a prefix such as bsef does not help so much
  because it is not very mnemonic, nor does it become clear that the
  corresponding variable is belonging to the package `bbdb' and not
  to some other package `bsef'.

- Why not use

  (dolist (bar foo)
    ...)

  instead of

  (let ((foo-2 foo))
    (while foo-2
      (... (car foo-2))
      (setq foo-2 (cdr foo-2))))

- Check the code of `ispell-word' for how to avoid the `sit-for'.
  (I guess there should really be a function in ispell for that
  purpose that could be used by other packages, but it does not exist.)

- Really small thing:
  I suggest (setq show-trailing-whitespace t) for your lisp editing

Thanks for your help with this,