On Sun Mar 4 2012 Mark Diekhans wrote:
> Very impressive with how the development of BBDB V3 is coming
> along nicely.  Great work!

Thanks!

> However, to anyone not on this list, the existence of the
> version 3 development is rather well hidden.
>
> Most searches lead to the Source Forge page
>    http://bbdb.sourceforge.net/
>
> Which has no mention of V3 or links to the Savannah page.  The
> Savannah page does not even make the first couple of pages of a
> Google search for BBDB.
>
> My I suggest updating the Source Forge page to have
> information on the new development?

A major reason why BBDB development was not continued on Sourceforge
was that the official maintainer(s?) of BBDB v2 has disappeared from
the scene. I do not know who has write access to BBDB's sourceforge
repository these days.

BBDB's git repository on savannah does include BBDB's history from
sourceforge.

Currently BBDB v3 does not yet include a proper info manual.
Nonetheless, a proper release emphasizing the current status of
development of BBDB v3 would be a good thing to increase its
visibility (as discussed recently on this list). I am much aiming
for this, yet right now I am too busy with other stuff.