> * Roland Winkler <jvax...@tah.bet> [2012-03-14 11:07:13 -0500]:
>
> On Wed Mar 14 2012 Sam Steingold wrote:
>> However, when I hit ";" in *Summary*, I am offered to edit the notes for
>> _both_ bar-users and f...@gmail.com (because in bbdb-message-headers
>> sender is mapper to both "From" and "Reply-To").
>> This is ungood.
>
> What do you want instead?

the v2 behavior: ";" should let me edit the sender's notes.

> Do you want to use different values of bbdb-message-headers depending
> on context? You could define a wrapper that rebinds it according to
> your taste. (I would guess that there are too many possiblities /
> different tastes for a universal yet still transparent solution.)

I want bbdb to be permissive about display (i.e., show more rather than
less; bbdb-message-headers should be interpreted as "show all these")
and restrictive about editing (i.e., edit less rather than more,
bbdb-message-headers should be interpreted as "edit the first found").

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on Ubuntu 11.10 (oneiric) X 11.0.11004000
http://www.childpsy.net/ http://www.PetitionOnline.com/tap12009/