On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 10:52 AM, Sriram ET. <karra....@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am new to BBDB internals although I have used BBDB extensively. It
> appears to me that there are two important pieces missing that are needed
> for incorporating aforementioned sync support:
>
> 1. A unique record ID
> 2. Granular time zone-d timestamp

It wasn't much work to make the above changes, so I went ahead with them
anyway. I have uploaded my mods on github after first importing a version
from CVS into git. There are two commits I would like to submit for
inclusion in the mainline:

1. UUID generation library:
https://github.com/skarra/BBDB/commit/eded2c882196202e818bc781046fba67013fefe2
2. File Format version 7 support:
https://github.com/skarra/BBDB/commit/2b56c315c14c1b0452c81331c256bca49110014d

If you want diffs to be directly mailed to this list I can do that.

Cheers,
-Karra