"Sriram ET." <karra....@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 8:54 PM, Johnny <yggdra...@gmx.co.uk> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     I have tried for some time to get lookout.el to import my contacts from
>     a csv-file into bbdb, but am on the verge of giving up, so before
>     finally ditching the attempts (again); Is there *anyone*
>     out there that have successfully migrated .csv contacts into bbdb (bbdb
>     3), and how?
>
> I have not migrated a CSV, but...
>
> I am about 7-10 days from announcing a two way sync tool for BBDB/Outlook/
> Google Contacts, i.e. you can do bi-directional sync between any two folders
> across any two different databases.
>
> If you are interested in trying out a bleeding edge version of my code, it is
> available at: https://github.com/skarra/Gout Documentation is very incomplete,
> but if you would like to try this out, we could talk offline and I can help
> you
> get it set up.

Wow, this is what I first looked for, but found none available! I am
pulling your code now and will be excited to try it out - too long time
have I had contacts scattered in various places and it is time to bring
them all together. Clearly BBDB is the preferred tool, but a two-way
sync to Outlook is almost invaluable as this is where I have to spend
work. Altough I have deferred using google for contacts, this may
provide the wholy trinity with www-available contacts!

Just need some help getting it up and running on Linux please...

Thanks, great initiative!

--
Johnny