Hello,

I suggest to make 'query the default value for defcustom
bbdb-new-mails-primary in bbdb.el. The default is currently 'nil.

Bbdb already queries the user when it notices a contact with a new email
addres. This is because the default value is 'query for defcustom
bbdb-add-mails. To me it therefor makes sense it then immediately
following the first question asks if the new email address should be
made the primary address or not. With bbdb-new-mails-primary set to
'nil, the address simply gets added to the end of the collection.

I think 'query was the default in Bbdb version 2. But ..

bbdb-new-mails-primary is easily customizes, of course.

regards

Gijs