On Tue Mar 12 2013 Gijs Hillenius wrote:
> I suggest to make 'query the default value for defcustom
> bbdb-new-mails-primary in bbdb.el. The default is currently 'nil.
>
> Bbdb already queries the user when it notices a contact with a new email
> addres. This is because the default value is 'query for defcustom
> bbdb-add-mails. To me it therefor makes sense it then immediately
> following the first question asks if the new email address should be
> made the primary address or not. With bbdb-new-mails-primary set to
> 'nil, the address simply gets added to the end of the collection.

I agree with your suggestion. I cannot tell anymore how the current
default value came into existence. But it is my general strategy
that default values should avoid silent assumptions on what the user
wants. Putting new mail addresses by default at the end is such an
assumption. So instead the default value should be 'query.

I'll change that.