On Wed Feb 5 2014 Alan Schmitt wrote:
> I assume you're not the person who put bbdb on Melpa, and that I
> should file a bug there. Is this correct?

Based ony my own (limited!) interaction with the melpa guys, I'd
have little hope that they will respond to such a bug report.  They
simply grab the lisp code from whatever repository it is in. They do
not want to get involved in anything beyond that (say, Melpa does
not provide either the TeX files for printing BBDB).