Roland Winkler <wink...@gnu.org> writes:

>   What does the command bbdb-mua-display-sender say about the mail
>   addresses if you run it in a Gnus buffer displaying a message for
>   which you already have a BBDB record?

On you email, it does nothing. You are in my bbdb with two of the same
emails in one record.

>   What do you get when running the command bbdb-search-duplicates in
>   your *BBDB* buffer?  Does this find the duplicates?

I opened a search for you and this mailing list, both of whom have
duplicate emails listed for the same person and running this just
returns the message 'Formatting BBDB...done.'

> Does this still fail?

I'm not sure what it is supposed to do...

> Do you have some older version of BBDB on your system, too, which
> somehow gets loaded in addition to the new BBDB?

I have no other version of bbdb on my computer. I have deleted all
others. I can find no others. Emacs thinks the bbdb library is in the
elpa directory and the version is the one without version number. From
'list-packages' this is what I get:

bbdb   20140217.... unsigned The Insidious Big Brother Database for GNU Emacs

I'm not arguing that I don't have an issue here, clearly something is
wrong, (theme issues after upgrading today) but it looks like from what
I can tell bbdb is installed correctly.

init file settings:
 '(bbdb-complete-mail t)
 '(bbdb-complete-mail-allow-cycling t)
 '(bbdb-file "~/org/.bbdb")
 '(bbdb-mail-alias (quote star))
 '(bbdb-message-all-addresses t)
 '(bbdb-mua-auto-update-p (quote query))
 '(bbdb-mua-pop-up (quote (quote horiz)))
 '(bbdb-mua-update-interactive-p (quote (nil)))
 '(bbdb-update-records-p (quote update))

emacs file:
(bbdb-mua-auto-update-init 'gnus 'message 'anniv)
(add-hook 'diary-list-entries-hook 'bbdb-anniv-diary-entries)

Thanks, Aric