die...@duenenhof-wilhelm.de (H. Dieter Wilhelm) writes:

> Hello list,
>
> my bbdb file is encoded in utf8 and when I try to print entries and
> converting the resulting bbdb.tex file, I'm getting weird characters in
> either the .dvi and .pdf file.  How would you deal with the situation?

I've never even gotten bbdb-print to work, it's always complained about
undefined control sequences or something. The tex code is very old, and
doesn't make any provisions for non-latin characters. Probably the
easiest stop-gap would be to change bbdb-print-prolog and
bbdb-print-epilog to wrap the whole thing in latex statements or what
have you, either make use of babel, or xelatex. I don't know if that
would be enough to do the trick, but if it worked it would be the
simplest solution.

Eric