On May 12, 2008, at 7:09 PM, Peter N Lewis wrote:

Use a utility like PTH Pasteboard which gives you a clipboard history (if you are using your Mac without a clipboard history, you are really missing out alot).

Another option for clipboard history is to just use BBEdit's built-in functionality. From page 51 of the BBEdit manual:

BBEdit supports six separate clipboards. Each time you use the Cut or Copy command, BBEdit automatically switches to the next clipboard (wrapping back around to the first clipboard after the sixth). This way, the last six things you copied or cut are always available for pastingsort of a "clipboard history."

Sorry if you already knew about this feature. BBEdit's multiple clipboards are easy to overlook. I've know about them for years and I still keep forgetting to use them. :)

-Dennis