On Thu, 22 May 2008, Gabor Maghera wrote:

Did you happen to change your OS username or user directory for the
system you are working on?  I had the same issue and it turned out
that BBEdit had an incorrect path in one of the preferences.

Cheers,
Gabor

No, I've not made such changes. I've looked in my BBedit preferences and they looked fine.

Matthias