> If you're not committed to using AppleScript for this you could go to the
> Menus bit in Preferences and assign a key equivalent for this.

Y'know, as it turns out, I had, in fact, assigned a key equivalent to
this already, but had forgotten. Thanks for reminding me.

Nonetheless, it would still be nice to do an AppleScript, because I
would have it create the new window and align it beside the original,
with the same dimensions, since that's what I would do every time
anyway. So the question still stands.