Thanks Steve, that worked perfectly.  I didn't know about that menu item.

Also thanks to Seth and Roland.  I'm in the middle of learning Python
(a language that makes a heck of a lot more sense to me that AS!),
and would like to explore Grep.  Being a non-math person with a son
that's a math major at UCSC, I've got to keep learning so I can
manage some kind of conversation with him about his world!  Text
Factories are a part of BBEdit I've not explored yet either.  ARexx
on the Amiga was the ideal language for a guy like me.  When OOP
principles were brought in, I became immediately lost, but Mark
Lutz's excellent book on "Learning Python" is giving me hope.  That
man is a teacher worthy of the name.

I continue to keep plugging away at programming, but use BBEdit
primarily for writing.  I like to keep it simple, then "pour" the
finished doc into a DTP program to control the look of everything.

Greg