Harold Tessmann III schreef:

> Someone else has pointed out that BBEdit doesn't respond to
> AppleEvents while running a UNIX script or filter, but does it respond
> to them while running an AppleScript (he asks at work, with only
> Windows machines handy)? If so, it seems like a pretty easy workaround
> to write a launcher AppleScript and then use osascript to retrieve the
> frontmost window info, cursor position, etc. Not ideal perhaps, but
> it'll get the job done.

Fairly pointless: the point of OSAscript is to use AppleScript snippets
from other languages. If you are already in AppleScript, then you don't
really need this.

My BBEdit-TeX integration scripts start with a series of AppleScripts,
that then call a shell script to do the actual work. Some parts are
completely performed in AppleScript, but I don't like the vagueness of its
syntax.

> Harold, who can't decide whether asking about the reentrancy of a text
> editor makes this conversation awesome or overly nerdy

If this results in getting AppleEvents for BBEdit in other languages
(Python, Ruby), then I vote for awesome.

Maarten