>> * Code. Small font, tab stops, line numbers, etc.
>> * Fiction. Large font, no tab stops, line numbers, etc.
>>
>> About the only thing I can get reliably to save in the document
>> state, however, is the font - how does one save "don't show me
>> line numbers" and "don't show the gutter, tab stops, etc., etc."?
>
> Today's preferences give you control over that (see Preferences
> -> Text Files).

I think I'm running Yesterday, then... where can I get Today?

When I head here, for "Honor saved state", I see (and have checked)
Window position, Font settings, Selection range, Scrollbar position,
Option settings, and Emacs local variables. Save document state is also
checked, but *not* Emacs local variables there.

--
Morbus Iff ( anything else in the box, pandora? )
Enjoy: http://www.disobey.com/ and http://www.videounderbelly.com/