On 09-09-20 at 23.08, John Delacour <johndelac...@gmail.com> wrote:

>With varying frequency I copy text from a browser and paste it
>into a BBEdit document.  If I leave BBEdit idle for too long,
>it takes several seconds for the application to reawake and
>these dalys add up to an annoyance.
>
>Is there a setting that will prevent BBEdit from dozing off?

My guess is that has nothing to do with BBEdit but rather with
OS X. It probably swap out processes that haven't been used in a
while and then need to bring it back into memory before being
able to use it.

A typical example for is if I use Aperture and import new
images, this seem to require a lot of memory so OS X swap out
almost all other running processes and when I need to do
something it takes a huge amount of time before they become
active again.

                         jem
--
Jan Erik Moström, http://mostrom.eu