Peter,

They do persist for me but only if the file is local.
If the file is opened via Transmit, then the markers do not persist.
On some of my remote systems I am using Expandrive to make the remote server appear like a local folder and for those the markers do persist.

I assumed that when using Transmit the files were in a tmp directory and that caused the markers to not persist.

Ted