Lorin,

As I mention below, I use BBEdit + Git extensively, and have done so
for a long time. I love them both, and both are (IMHO) the best in
their respective categories (i.e., text editor, VCS), but I use them
independentally.

I've got a post describing my workflow here:

   http://jeetworks.org/node/55

with scripts to facilitate that workflow given here:

   http://jeetworks.org/node/58

Also, almost 2 years of an evolving/improving ecosystem incorporating
daily (hourly? 10-minutely?) Git usage has resulting in the following
shell prompt:

   http://jeetworks.org/node/10

-- jeet