On 24/03/2010, at 10:05 , jeetsukuma...@frogweb.org wrote:

> Then slowly expand this to the full invocation
> by adding the bits and pieces one at time (e.g., the conditional, then
> the exit, etc.).

The bbdiff alias is working exactly as I expect it to:

[a...@here]# git bbdiff

returns no results, because there are no arguments being passed into the bbdiff
alias to fill $1 and $2.

If you pass arguments to the command line, you may as well be using bbdiff's
existing functionality:

[a...@here]# git bbdiff dir1 dir2

So no doubt I'm invoking it the wrong way and someone on list can set me
straight :)

Alex