On 4/28/10, Emily wrote:

>I am a long-time user of BBEdit, and I am very disappointed that 9.5
>is not compatible with Tiger.

Poor Sprout!! I feel your pain, however, as a Eudora email user. We are hanging
by our fingernails since it was abandoned years ago and barely limps by in
Leopard/Snow.

I have told anyone who cared to hear me that I think SnowLeopard was the worst
thing Apple did to its users since ever.

Unfortunately, in the move to 64-bit whatever, they are going to do what they
do, and devil take the hindmost.

However, I think the move from Tiger to Leopard was painless and had some good
things. So unless your hardware can't handle it, I'd go ahead. And if you don't
have Leopard, I can send you ours, which I think is a Family Pak, so you can do
up to 5 or something (not that they could tell anyhow). I see that Leopard
requires a G4 at least. And it kills "Classic" but then, we'd stopped using any
of that anyway (bye bye Hypercard, snif).

So let me know, and we can bring Leopard if you need/want it.

I'm still running Tiger on Cindy's 9-year-old Ti-Book, but that lives in Frisco
and is only used to run titles at WBO.

Not sure if we know when you are moving/moved and where to. Not fun, I bet! You
seemed rather settled-in on your hill there, but if you avoid the impending
overhead noise in your new place, you are probably better off. Let us know what
is happening and how you are feeling.

See you soonish, too! But it looks like we won't be connecting with the
Campbellites and their friends and relations this time around. Maybe in
June-July when we come back for that short trip with the operas at SFO.

Take care of yourself and your passenger ... we're thinking of you all the time.

love, dad