One idea. Create some AppleScript that does a Special Paste that finds
out what column you're using indented at then applies the indentation
to to everything after the first line of the text on the clipboard,
then pastes the resulting text into the document. So it doesn't
directly do what you want, but allows you to pre-process rather than
post-process.

I suppose you may be able to create a different kind of script that
records the initial cursor position, and after pasting, will select
back to that point. I think that's doable and would be less code than
the above idea.

-Kendall