Nick,

I'm sorry that I didn't see this until now, but did you ever get an answer to this?

The solution, if nobody else told you, is to create your own Codeless Language Module. If that's truly the ONLY thing you want it to do, then your module is going to be extremely simple.

See here:
<http://www.truerwords.net/articles/bbedit/codeless_language_module.html>