On Monday, July 25, 2011, RobS <rsteven...@accesscable.net> wrote:

> I'm not sure what you mean there. There is no sub-pref or other detail
> below that pref setting. If you mean to de-select that pref, no thanks
> -- I *do*want multiple docs to appear in one window. I just don't want
> the file list to appear beside that window.

I think what you're looking for is in an expert pref:

    defaults write com.barebones.bbedit AutoShowFileList -bool NO

R.
--
Rich Siegel                                 Bare Bones Software, Inc.
<sie...@barebones.com>                      <http://www.barebones.com/>

Someday I'll look back on all this and laugh... until they sedate me.