On Monday, 1 August 2011 00:48:56 UTC-3, gollywop wrote:

> I do wonder if it has anything to do with the new Mac OSX 10.6.8
> supplemental update.  I made this update and have since upgraded two
> applications: TexShop and BBEdit.  Both of them now produce generic
> document icons.  Is it possible this is an Apple problem with this new
> update?

I saw the problem before doing the 10.6.8 supp. update, as well as after.

It *is* possible to get one file at a time to show its BBE icon, but only
one at a time. Have you noticed that BBEdit is not in the list of available
applications in the file Get Info window? That is, it's preselected as the
default for the usual file types, but is not in the drop-down list of apps.

Rob