At 10:34 p -0500 08/11/2011, Christopher Stone didst inscribe upon an electronic papyrus:

On Aug 11, 2011, at 03:24, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:
I just had a crazy thought. Hey BareBones, what do you think of a notion of being able to harness BBEdit to manipulate text *without* a window? Like, instead of 'tell text document 1' it could be 'tell someTextObject'?

I don't think it's crazy at all. Some of BBEdit's events will operate on a non-BBEdit object. I would like to see more capable of same.

Well I was thinking it would be a BBEdit object, just not a 'text document' container. Maybe 'text blob' or something; I dunno where it would fit in the object model hierarchy; I suppose right between 'application' and 'text'.