On Aug 16, 2011, at 06:06, Maarten Sneep wrote:
> shift-cmd-G and typing Library brings you to the library. You can use SetFile
> (dev tools) to make the Library permanently visible again. This move has
> annoyed many users.

Hey Maarten,

You miswrote.  Typing 'Library' gets you nowhere; you need to type '~/Library'.

On Aug 16, 2011, at 05:34, Marek Stepanek wrote:
> I did not realized, that the normal user is not able to save files into
> ~/Library any more...

Hey Marek,

Not so.  Apple has just made it a little harder for normal users to make
mischief with their systems.

Maartin's method works if you type the right path.

Open the 'Go' menu in the Finder and hold down the Option key to reveal the
Library folder.

Run a script to open the folder:

tell application "Finder"
        open (path to library folder from user domain)
end tell

Open it from the shell:

open ~/Library/

Run a script to toggle the visibility of the folder:

set usrLibFldr to path to library folder from user domain
tell application "System Events"
        set visible of usrLibFldr to not (visible of usrLibFldr)
end tell

What Herb said.

And there're yet more:

http://www.macworld.com/article/161156/2011/07/view_library_folder_in_lion.html