Good { morning, afternoon, evening },

The announcement of a pre-release version on the list may come as a surprise to some of you. :-) When preparing maintenance updates (which primarily consist of bug fixes, with few to no new features), we're going to post notification of the new versions to this list, so that anyone who's interested can take the new build for a spin.

Note that these are _pre-release_ versions. The intent is to fix bugs and address areas of improvement based on what our customers have reported. However, since the software is at this point not fully tested, there _may_ be bugs and regressions. If this prospect makes you nervous, then sticking with the public release versions is your best course of action. Nobody will be offended if you choose to do so; you're under no obligation to install and use anything but a public release. :-)

Following is a summary of the changes in the software since the last public release. The change notes are organized into additions, changes, and fixes, and are annotated where appropriate with case numbers. So if you recognize a number corresponding to a support case that was opened for you, you can now verify that it's been fixed correctly.

One final note: If you run into a bug in a pre-release version, PLEASE DO NOT REPORT THE BUG TO THE LIST. This includes asking about whether others have seen the same problem. Instead, please send a bug report to <supp...@barebones.com> and we will deal with it there. This will help us keep the list discussion on topic and productive for all list members.

version 10.0.2 (3077)   (8/22/2011)

Additions
---------

o   (none in this build)

Changes
-------

o   (none in this build)

Fixes
-----

*   [213323, 216590] Fixed crash which would occur because the "Edit
    Filter" button in the text factory options dialog was not disabled
    when it should have been, allowing an inappropriate operation.

*   [212755] In addition to the beep when starting with Shift or Option
    held down, BBEdit will now notify with Growl.

-   [213895] Fixed a bug in which `\end` commands which close off
    math-related blocks in TeX documents were not being syntax colored
    as commands (keywords).

- [216672] Fixed a bug in the Ruby Language Module where it was being a little too aggressively lazy in looking for weird operators. So `=`` is now seen as an assignment followed by the opening delim of a type of string token, rather than some Frankendelimiter. (As if Ruby
    would allow you to have weird delimiters...)

*   [214387] Fixed bug in which documents would open but fail to show
    the insertion point (or would show the insertion point but not
accept typing) in situations where `Editor_AlwaysOpenQuickFind` was
    turned on.

* Fixed bug in which hiding the file view while it had keyboard focus
    would leave the focus in the Quick Find box if it was visible,
    rather than in the edit view.

*   [216287] Differences lists no longer have a horizontal scrollbar.

*   Fixed bug in which expanding a folder in a project window's file
    list didn't put close widgets in the items corresponding to open
    documents.

*   [216736, 216745] Fixed bug in which conflicts were not detected
when assigning a keyboard equivalent for a script/filter/etc in the
    Menus & Shortcuts preferences.

*   [216721, 216744] [NFR] Fixed regression in which "Save a Copy"
    reported an error instead of functioning as intended.

=end=

The package can be downloaded from our web server:

    <http://pine.barebones.com/seeding/bbedit-1002_3077.dmg>

Enjoy,

R.
--
Rich Siegel                                 Bare Bones Software, Inc.
<sie...@barebones.com>                      <http://www.barebones.com/>

Someday I'll look back on all this and laugh... until they sedate me.