I wonder, people in that thread never was in software business?
report bug and wait for the fixes.
I'm sure barebones guys are listening

also anything (I repeat - ANYTHING) related to the GUI is objective
so if some GUI feature is hated by one, you can be sure that there is another
person who loves that feature

boring :-(((

On Sep 10, 2011, at 12:51 PM, Lisa Spangenberg wrote:

> On Sep 10, 7:52 am, bobembry <bobem...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The YouTube videos may show a way to do it, but for me this is not an easier
>> or faster way to do it. I have gone back to 9.6 and since I'm a paying
>> customer I think I have the right to be dissatisfied.
>>
>> Bob
>
> Exactly.
>
> One of the most basic, and primitive ideas of UI, is that the user's
> physical effort measured in clicks, mouse/trackpad/pointing device
> motions, and key strokes should be minimized. BBEdit 10 increases
> them. (Did no one observe users and track UI interactions? That too is
> a basic step in changing a UI.)
>
> The effort I need to use the cite tag (yes, I built a Clipping),
> adding a URL from the OS clipboard to a pre-selected anchor tag,
> converting selected paragraphs of Text to HTML paragraphs (now I have
> to use the Markup/Utilities menu) have all increased.
>
> Barebones has added keystrokes and clicks to my workflow.
>
> These are features I use hundreds of times in a day, for each of
> them.
>
> Moreover, if a user has a problem, the response from tech support
> should not be a link to a YouTube video that doesn't address the basic
> problem.  Yes, I know how to accomplish these tasks via the new BBEdit
> 10 UI. My issue is that the new methods add labor to my workflow. They
> make my work more laborious.
>
> I'm not going to continue using BBEdit 10.  I have probably purchased
> for myself, my employees and my direct reports, as many as twenty or
> thirty licenses since 1997. I don't think I'll be purchasing any
> more.

> If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem,
> please email "supp...@barebones.com" rather than posting to the group.
> Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <http://www.twitter.com/bbedit>

Dmitry Markman