when I undo then redo it puts the cursor in the next position so I
always can't see what I have redone. To clarify, if I
1. edit the top of a document then
2. scroll down and click at the bottom of the document, not making any
change, then
3. undo, and redo,
the cursor appears at the bottom of the document. But I haven't redone
anything at the bottom, only clicked there.

I do a lot of undo/redos so this is a constant irritation, when I want
to continue from the last edited point, I have to check the line
number then scroll back. Surely a redo should not include the next
clicked cursor position after the redo but only the redo itself. As it
is I can't see what the redo is. Maybe a preference would be 'redo
cursor position: current edit / clicked location'