On Aug 17, 2012, at 2:22 PM, Jim Sheffer wrote:

>> If MIME types were used in email that indicated a text file originated from
>> Mac then once again auto manglers may have been invoked. Sometimes filename
>> extensions can invoke this behavior.
>
> Interesting. The strange part is, however, that ONLY the carriage returns
> were affected - everything else in the attachment is fine!

Well, traditionally thats all that differs between Mac, Windows, and Unix text
files. It suggests that whatever was doing it was deliberately doing it.

I'd suggest using zip to compress the file before you send it and see what they
get. Just right-click the file in Finder and about 1/3rd down in the popup is
"Compress <yourfilename>" which make a .zip copy.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dke...@hiwaay.net