For reference, you're encountering the same OS bug described here:

  <http://www.barebones.com/support/bbedit/faqs.html#mountain_lion_bug>

though with Cyberduck you do have another option as follows:

  * Issue the following Terminal command on a single line:

    defaults write ch.sudo.cyberduck editor.odb.enable false

    (this command causes CyberDuck to switch from using its ODB editor
     support to simple file monitoring)

[which I'll add to the FAQ as well.]

Regards,

 Patrick Woolsey
==
Bare Bones Software, Inc.             <http://www.barebones.com/>

At 09:28 -0800 12/24/2012, Dan Poynor wrote:
>I should have said 10.5 instead of 3.5.
>
>DAN
>
>On Friday, December 14, 2012 1:04:16 PM UTC-6, Dan Poynor wrote:
>
>Since updating to 3.5 I'm no longer able to use BBEdit as my preferred
>editor with Cyberduck FTP client 4.2.1.
[...]