Right now, what I was doing was I had gone through a fairly lengthy selection/filtering process on the PHP files in a WordPress installation, and was trying to isolate places where I had made edits and commented an edit signature.

As I've dealt with some core files, I need to keep a checklist to avoid losing those edits when a WordPress update comes along.

So I did a search and exported it. Setting up the search is not hard; the harder part is hand-picking the files to check. I understand that there's nothing that I couldn't build into a saved search, and already did a roughly filtered one.

Rick Gordon