[top posting fixed]

> On Nov 8, 2014, at 5:00 PM, WordWeaver777 <wordweaver...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 9, 2014, at 9:40 AM, LuKreme <krem...@kreme.com> wrote:
>> On Nov 8, 2014, at 7:49 AM, WordWeaver777 <wordweaver...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> If you are a web designer and HTML coder who is picky about your HTML code,
>>> and who wants to make Googlebot happy,

>> Since when does google care at all about how HTML is formatted?

> As a long-time webmaster, HTML coder, and member of Google's Webmaster Tools,
> it is my understanding that the Googlebot carefully scrutinizes everything in
> an HTML document, including code structure. The more perfect everything is,
> both in your code, as well as in your actual content, the higher rating its
> algorithm will give your page, and the higher your pages will appear in
> Google's SERP’s.

None of that implies that the FORMATTING of the code is relevant. At all. It
has never been my experience that how the text file is formatted is relevant to
a search engine, nor how it realistically could be.

looks exactly the same to a search engine as

  <head>
    <title>
      Foobar
    </title>
  </head>

> But that is really all besides the point. My purpose in sharing my previous
> message here was to simply inform other concerned BBEdit users that I had
> found a free worthy replacement for BBEdit's built-in Tidy functions.

Which is great and welcome news. But what I replied to was your assertion that
using a tool like tidy would make Google happy. I do not believe that is true.

--
'It's a lovely morning, lads,' he said. 'I feel like a million dollars.
Don't you?' There was a murmur of reluctant agreement. 'Good,' said